Ixora Mini Dwarf Pink - Flowering Shrubs
Be the first to review this product Review Now
With their bright inflorescences, Read More
With their bright inflorescences, glossy green foliage, versatility in use and being easy to grow, Ixora are popular garden shrubs throughout the world. Ixora is a compact, multi-branched evergreen shrub or small tree. Star-shaped flowers appear in round bunches and often fragrant. This is known as flame of the woods or jungle flame. However, if one wants to have an illusion of stars brightening up one’s garden, one should go for Ixora, the multi-coloured star-shaped blooms that have heavenly connotations to their name. These are best for hedges, in shrub beds, as ground covers or as specimen plants. Large varieties can also be used for screening. Dwarf varieties are grown in pots and can be trained as compact hedge. They are commonly planted near house walls in large shrub beds.
What does make this Special??
- This is an extra dwarf form of the Ixora with pink flowers.
- These hybrids were developed for growing as pot plants.
- Plants have small leaves. They are profuse bloomers.
- Plants reach a final height of around less than100 cms.
- Can be used for edges, borders, as spot shrubs. Group plantings or bonsai.
- The flowers of Ixora that we see are actually sepals and not petals. The sepals are very long lasting (like bougainvillea, poinsettia, hydrangea, euphorbia etc.)
- This makes the Ixora stay in color for a very long time.
MAXIMUM HEIGHT - It can reach up to 40-60cm in height.
BLOOMING YEAR - The flower start blooming with in a month after purchase and continue year around.
GROWING TIPS - It can grow almost in all type of soil and it can easily grown in any Indian Climatic condition.
- They prefer semi shade or bright light or full sunlight with moderate humidity.
- Ixoras are fairly easy to grow.
- Acidic to neutral soil is very important for growing Ixoras. Good drainage is essential.
- Plants do not like it too cold. They are tropical
- Require good well drained and fertile soils. Water freely as soon as buds appear.
- Regular feeding with organic fertilizer will keep the flowers coming.
- Plants can be grown in small pots, raised beds, border planting, also a minimum pot size of around 30 cm will be okay,
- Ixoras can long lived a lot of their growth and performance depends on the soil used, Good well drained soil with lots of organic manure is recommended.
INSIDE THE BOX
|1.||Ixora mini dwarf pink Plant||less than 1 Feet Height|
|2.||Growing Pot (Black color)||6 Inch|
*above specifications are for indicative purpose only, actual dimensions may slightly vary.
LIGHT CONDITION - It requires minimum more than 4 hours of Direct Sunlight. If planted in full shade the blooming frequency will reduced.
WATERING SCHEDULE - Water when the top soil(2-3 inch) feels dry to touch. Always maintain moisture near the root zone. Try to apply water in the morning or evening.
SOIL TYPE - The soil should be well drained, fertile & rich in organic content.
TEMPERATURE - The average temperature should be 25-35 Degree Celsius.
FERTILIZER APPLICATION - Apply any organic fertilizer once in a month. Do not forget to water your plant immediately after application of fertilizer. For profuse flowering apply any Phosphorus based fertilizer once in a month.
PLANT PROTECTION - Remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and discard them away from the plants. Generally it is not affected by any disease or insects, in case of that, you can use Neem oil spray for primary treatment.
INITIAL CARE FOR 10-15 DAYS JUST AFTER RECEIVING YOUR PLANT
- Remove the Packaging Materials carefully.
- Press the soil in the pot & add additional soil(garden mix) if necessary.
- Maintain moisture in the pot, Do not over water it may kill your plant, so make sure that the soil should be dry between watering.
- Make sure that plants get enough morning direct bright light(2-3hrs) for 10-15 days & do not go for immediate transplanting (minimum 1 month)
- After 1 month you can transplant it into slightly bigger pot than the present pot or directly in the soil.
- Just prune if any branch of the plant is get damaged in transits. New leaves will come definitely.
To receive your package between and