Heliconia acuminata - Flowering & Cut flower shrubs
Be the first to review this product Review Now
Out Of Stock
Inclusive of all taxes and shipping
- Genuine Variety Plants with Fertilised Soil & Pot
- Secure Plant Packing to Sustain During Transit
- Live Chat Support & 7Days Easy Return Policy
- Plantcare Expert Support for Your Plant Growth
About the Heliconia
- Best plant for Hedges and Borders for a sunny & partial shade area.
- This variety is one of the hardiest and most dependable of all heliconias.
- Plants grow to over 2 meters tall and wide.
- The flowers are held upright and borne inside the foliage.
- Plants have variable blooming seasons. These vary as per the location.
- They flower for a longer period in the hot and humid tropics. In regions with more pronounced seasons - they can flower for a lesser period.
Flowering season: April, May, June, July, Read More
To receive your package between and
Frequently Asked Questions
In General, all our flowering plants will start flowering within a year after the planting, and the majority of them you will receive with flowers.
Minimum 4-6 hours of direct bright light are necessary for flower plants to produce flowers. The soil should be well-drained, fertile, and organic in nature, the sandy-loam soil is the best soil for flowering plants.
The best Fertilizers are Organic fertilizers & Organic compost, manure to apply to your flowers. Remember Phosphorus based fertilizers are best to produce more flowers. Look at the descriptions of each plant for plant care guidelines.
Remember overwater can kill your plant(make sure that your pot should have drainage hole). Water when the topsoil(2-3 inch) feels dry to touch. In general moderate watering(in every 3-4 days)
You can grow all the flower plants on our Terrace or Balcony. You can also look at the collection of Flowering plants suitable for balcony in our collection sections.
There are many plants suitable for Devotional Purpose, the flower plants are All hibiscus, all roses, coral jasmine, all jasmine, all Tagar, all Nerium, Lotus, and any other flowering plants, Sacred trees like Bilva, Neem plant, wood apple, Saraca indica, Kadamba, Peepal, wood apple, kadamba, Saraca indica, Peepal, Banana, Mango etc.
There are many plants that bloom more than a season. There is a collection of year-round flowering plants in our website you can look at that collection in Flowering plants sections.
Different plants grow in different height, it totally depends on plant varities, it's location, you can find the details of each plant in the description.
Make sure that plants receive proper sunlight(3-4hours), regular watering & monthly organic compost or manure for early blooming.
The pot size is vary from plant to plant, always select 4-5 inche wider than your current pot.
In general, after 15-30 days you can transplant the plants.
Prepare the pit (1x1feet) pot slightly bigger than current pot, remove the plants from the existing pot, then place the plant in the pit or pot and then fill it with a mixture of garden soil, compost, cocopeat, perlite, vermiculite, finally water thoroughly to your plants.