Coconut Botanically known as Cocus nucifera from Arecaceae family. It is a tall growing plant and known as KALPAVRIKSHA. Coconut is known as the tree of life in many languages. No other plant on earth gives so much. Food, drink, oil, fuel, weaving's, rope, lumber, wine, mulch, candles, darts, and bowls are just a few of the uses of this incredible plant.
Coconut is a popular fruit variety from the coastal region of Maharastra. The coconut tree is a tropical plant from the palm family grown primarily for its fruits. The tree is native to the South Pacific region and is widely cultivated in all the tropical regions of the world, growing particularly well in coastal areas.The fruit of the tree is the most utilized nut in the world.
MAXIMUM HEIGHT - It can reach upto 20-30 meter height, it is recommended to plant directly in the ground.
BLOOMING YEAR - Year round flowering & Flowers in flushes throughout the year. Sometimes it may vary based on climate of particular area.
FRUITING TIME- Edible fruiting will start after 4-5 year after purchase.
GROWING TIPS - It has been a tradition to gift a coconut tree for the house warming ceremony.
- The coconut palm grows about 15 meters wide. The distance between two trees should be a minimum of 6-8 meters. 10 meters. Do not crowd the trees. They should be planted a minimum of 2.5 to 3 meters away from a wall.
- It is not recommended for planting it in very congested places & Does well in a variety of soils - provided there is aqequate irrigation.
- For Planting Pits of 1 meter width x 1 meter length x 1 meter deep should be taken. Top soil from these pits should be mixed with 50 kgs farm yard manure / well decomposed cow dung manure, 1 kgs of bone meal, 1 kgs of single super phosphate and 25 gms follidol dust. Mix evenly to ensure proper distribution of the manure, fertilizer and pesticide.
- There are many pests and diseases that affect the coconut tree at large field, at the home level it is generally not common.
- Manuring and fertilizers are important as they ensure adequate supply of nuts. It is important to understand that the time for fertilizer to translate into nuts is long. Do not expect results over night. If a neglected non fruiting tree is given the required nutrients the coconuts will only be ready after 18 to 24 months.
INSIDE THE BOX
|1.||Coconut Desi Plant||3 Feet Height|
|2.||Growing Black Bag||13 Inch|
*above specifications are for indicative purpose only, actual dimensions may slightly vary.
LIGHT CONDITION - More than 6 hours of Direct Sunlight.
WATERING SCHEDULE - Water when the top soil(2-3 inch) feels dry to touch. Always maintain moisture near the root zone. Reduce watering during winter & rainy season.
SOIL TYPE - The soil should be well drained, fertile & rich in organic content.
FERTILIZER APPLICATION - Initially upto 1 year apply any organic fertilizer once in a month. After full establishment apply any organic fertilizer(2-3 times in a year) or before the flowering season.
PLANT PROTECTION - Generally it does't affected by major pest so, apply Neem Oil if found any attack of insects & pest for primary treatment.
INITIAL CARE FOR 10-15 DAYS JUST AFTER RECEIVING YOUR PLANT
- Remove the Packaging Materials carefully.
- Press the soil in the bag & add additional soil(garden mix) if necessary.
- Maintain moisture in the bag,
- Provide support with stick/moss stick(vine plant) in order to make straight growth, for needed plant only.
- Make sure that plants get enough indirect bright light for 10-15 days & do not go for immediate transplanting(minimum 1-2month)
- Just prune if any branch of the plant is get damaged in transist. It happens very rare.