Bougainvillea Glabra (Formosa)- Flowering shurbs
Be the first to review this product Review Now
Out Of Stock
Inclusive of all taxes and shipping
- Genuine Variety Plants with Fertilised Soil & Pot
- Secure Plant Packing to Sustain During Transit
- Live Chat Support & 7Days Easy Return Policy
- Plantcare Expert Support for Your Plant Growth
Bougainvillea Botanically known as Bougainvillea glabra from Nyctaginaceae family. This is an evergreen shrubby vine, popular for its long-lasting, colorful flower bracts which appear periodically throughout most of the year. The vine species grow anywhere from 1 to 6 m tall, scrambling over other plants with their spiky thorns. They are evergreen where rainfall occurs all year, and decidous if there is a dry season. The actual flower of the plant is small and generally white, but each cluster of three flowers is surrounded by three or six bracts with the bright colors associated with the plant, including pink, magenta, purple, red, orange, white, or yellow.Read More
Bougainvillea Botanically known as Bougainvillea glabra from Nyctaginaceae family. This is an evergreen shrubby vine, popular for its long-lasting, colorful flower bracts which appear periodically throughout most of the year. The vine species grow anywhere from 1 to 6 m tall, scrambling over other plants with their spiky thorns. They are evergreen where rainfall occurs all year, and decidous if there is a dry season. The actual flower of the plant is small and generally white, but each cluster of three flowers is surrounded by three or six bracts with the bright colors associated with the plant, including pink, magenta, purple, red, orange, white, or yellow.
Bougainvillea can tolerate hot, dry locations fairly well but flowers bountifully in full sun with regular watering. Regular pruning may be necessary to shape the plant or direct its growth since shoots often grow vigorously, but Bougainvillea tolerates trimming well. These vigorous shoots can stunt growth on the rest of the plant if they are left to develop. This is generally a low-maintenance plant. Plants often loose many leaves following a flowering period. This usually precedes a new growth flush.
What does make it Special???
This bougainvillea is mainly suitable for Bonsai making. It is a medium size bougainvillea. This is one of the most desirable of all Bougainvillea. If you want one Bougainvillea in your house then this is the one. Plants are compact. They are free bloomers. The leaves are shiny and the flower color is deep purple. This one is very suitable for growing in pots. It does well in areas of very high rainfall as well as very dry and hot areas.
MAXIMUM HEIGHT - It's growth are depends on the supporting structure but usually grow between 2 to 6 meters in height.
BLOOMING YEAR - It starts flowering with in a year after purchase and flower almost year round.
GROWING TIPS - It can grow almost in all type of soil and it can easily grown at any Indian Climatic condition.
- One of the best flowering climbers or shrub can grow on porch, arch, pergola and wall. Can be also grown as a stand alone bush.
- It grows and flowers best in full sun and it's flower frequency are totally depends on the sunlight exposure.
- They need low care and low maintenance. Bougainvillea are hardy plants. Care should be taken while planting new plants. Do not break the soil ball. They have very few and fine roots. If these breaks plants may die. Once established care is minimum. They need the occasional pruning to keep them in check. Avoid planting next to trees as they may climb up and take over the tree. Pruning should be done after the flowering is over. Water absolutely less. It is okay if the leaves wilt a little. The water stress makes them flower more.
- After 1 month you can transplant it into your permanent location in full bright light condition.
INSIDE THE BOX
|1.||Bougainvillea Plant||1-3 Feet Height|
|2.||Growing Pot (Black color)||6 Inch|
*above specifications are for indicative purpose only, actual dimensions may slightly vary.
LIGHT CONDITION - It requires minimum more than 6 hours of Direct Sunlight. If planted in full shade the flowering frequency will reduced.
WATERING SCHEDULE - Water when the top soil(2-3 inch) feels dry to touch. Always maintain moisture near the root zone. It requires very less water.
SOIL TYPE - The soil should be well drained, fertile & rich in organic content.
FERTILIZER APPLICATION - Apply any organic fertilizer once in a month for better health of the plant, apply water immediately after fertilizer application. For more vigours flowering apply any Phosphorus based fertilizer.
PLANT PROTECTION - Do regular pruning of the plant in order to maintain good required shape. Remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and discard them away from the plants. Generally it is not affected by any pest & disease in case of any insect attack or disease, you can use Neem oil, Eucalyptus oil or Citrus oil spray for primary treatment.
INITIAL CARE FOR 10-15 DAYS JUST AFTER RECEIVING YOUR PLANT
- Remove the Packaging Materials carefully.
- Press the soil in the pot & add additional soil(garden mix) if necessary.
- Maintain moisture in the pot, Do not over water it may kill your plant, so make sure that the soil should be dry between watering.
- Provide support with stick/moss stick(vine plant) in order to make straight growth, for needed plant only.
- Make sure that plants get enough morning direct bright light for 10-15 days & do not go for immediate transplanting(minimum 1 month)
- Just prune if any branch of the plant is get damaged in transits.
To receive your package between and
Frequently Asked Questions
In General, all our flowering plants will start flowering within a year after the planting, and the majority of them you will receive with flowers.
Minimum 4-6 hours of direct bright light are necessary for flower plants to produce flowers. The soil should be well-drained, fertile, and organic in nature, the sandy-loam soil is the best soil for flowering plants.
The best Fertilizers are Organic fertilizers & Organic compost, manure to apply to your flowers. Remember Phosphorus based fertilizers are best to produce more flowers. Look at the descriptions of each plant for plant care guidelines.
Remember overwater can kill your plant(make sure that your pot should have drainage hole). Water when the topsoil(2-3 inch) feels dry to touch. In general moderate watering(in every 3-4 days)
You can grow all the flower plants on our Terrace or Balcony. You can also look at the collection of Flowering plants suitable for balcony in our collection sections.
There are many plants suitable for Devotional Purpose, the flower plants are All hibiscus, all roses, coral jasmine, all jasmine, all Tagar, all Nerium, Lotus, and any other flowering plants, Sacred trees like Bilva, Neem plant, wood apple, Saraca indica, Kadamba, Peepal, wood apple, kadamba, Saraca indica, Peepal, Banana, Mango etc.
There are many plants that bloom more than a season. There is a collection of year-round flowering plants in our website you can look at that collection in Flowering plants sections.
Different plants grow in different height, it totally depends on plant varities, it's location, you can find the details of each plant in the description.
Make sure that plants receive proper sunlight(3-4hours), regular watering & monthly organic compost or manure for early blooming.
The pot size is vary from plant to plant, always select 4-5 inche wider than your current pot.
In general, after 15-30 days you can transplant the plants.
Prepare the pit (1x1feet) pot slightly bigger than current pot, remove the plants from the existing pot, then place the plant in the pit or pot and then fill it with a mixture of garden soil, compost, cocopeat, perlite, vermiculite, finally water thoroughly to your plants.
Bougainvillea Glabra (Formosa)- Flowering shurbs
Packaging was accelent but plant was completely dried but not dead. Price is little bit high