Ixora singapuri-hybrid-red - Flowering Shrubs
Be the first to review this product Review Now
Inclusive of all taxes and shipping
- Genuine Variety Plants with Fertilised Soil & Pot
- Secure Plant Packing to Sustain During Transit
- Live Chat Support & 7Days Easy Return Policy
- Plantcare Expert Support for Your Plant Growth
With their bright inflorescences, glossy green foliage, versatility in use, and being easy to grow, Ixora is popular garden shrubs throughout the world. Ixora is a compact, multi-branched evergreen shrub or small tree. Star-shaped flowers appear in Read More
With their bright inflorescences, glossy green foliage, versatility in use, and being easy to grow, Ixora is popular garden shrubs throughout the world. Ixora is a compact, multi-branched evergreen shrub or small tree. Star-shaped flowers appear in round bunches and are often fragrant. This is known as flame of the woods or jungle flame. These are best for hedges, in shrub beds, as ground covers, or as specimen plants. Large varieties can also be used for screening. Dwarf varieties are grown in pots and can be trained as a compact hedge. They are commonly planted near house walls in large shrub beds.
What does make this Special??
- This is the Ixora Singapore-hybrid red form of the Ixora with pure red large size flowers.
- These hybrids were developed for growing in the pot as well as in-ground.
- Plants have small leaves. They are profuse bloomers.
- Can be used for edges, borders, as spot shrubs. Group plantings or bonsai.
- The flowers of Ixora that we see are actually sepals and no petals. The sepals are very long-lasting (like bougainvillea, poinsettia, hydrangea, euphorbia, etc.)
- This makes the Ixora stay in color for a very long time.
MAXIMUM HEIGHT - It can reach up to 1-2 meters in height.
BLOOMING YEAR - The flower starts blooming within a month after purchase and continues year-round.
GROWING TIPS - It can grow almost in all type of soil and it can easily grown in any Indian Climatic condition.
- They prefer semi-shade or bright light or full sunlight with moderate humidity.
- Ixora's are fairly easy to grow.
- Acidic to neutral soil is very important for growing Ixoras. Good drainage is essential.
- Plants do not like it too cold. They are tropical
- Require good well-drained and fertile soils. Water freely as soon as buds appear.
- Regular feeding with organic fertilizer will keep the flowers coming.
- Plants can be grown in small pots, raised beds, border planting, also a minimum pot size of around 30 cm will be okay,
- Ixora's can long-lived a lot of their growth and performance depends on the soil used, Good well-drained soil with lots of organic manure is recommended.
INSIDE THE BOX
|1.||Ixora singapuri hybrid red Plant||1-2 Feet Height|
|2.||Growing Pot (Black color)||6 Inch|
*above specifications are for indicative purposes only, actual dimensions may slightly vary.
LIGHT CONDITION - It requires a minimum of more than 4 hours of Direct Sunlight. If planted in full shade the blooming frequency will be reduced.
WATERING SCHEDULE - Water when the topsoil(2-3 inches) feels dry to touch. Always maintain moisture near the root zone. Try to apply water in the morning or evening.
SOIL TYPE - The soil should be well-drained, fertile & rich in organic content.
TEMPERATURE - The average temperature should be 25-35 Degree Celsius.
FERTILIZER APPLICATION - Apply any organic fertilizer once a month. Do not forget to water your plant immediately after the application of fertilizer. For profuse flowering apply any Phosphorus based fertilizer once a month.
PLANT PROTECTION - Remove dead, infected, or damaged plant parts and discard them away from the plants. Generally, it is not affected by any disease or insects, in case of that, you can use Neem oil spray for primary treatment.
INITIAL CARE FOR 10-15 DAYS JUST AFTER RECEIVING YOUR PLANT
- Remove the Packaging Materials carefully.
- Press the soil in the pot & add additional soil(garden mix) if necessary.
- Maintain moisture in the pot, Do not overwater it may kill your plant, so make sure that the soil should be dry between watering.
- Make sure that plants get enough morning direct bright light(2-3hrs) for 10-15 days & do not go for immediate transplanting (minimum 1 month)
- After 1 month you can transplant it into a slightly bigger pot than the present pot or directly in the soil.
- Just prune if any branch of the plant is get damaged in transits. New leaves will come definitely.
To receive your package between and
Frequently Asked Questions
In General, all our flowering plants will start flowering within a year after the planting, and the majority of them you will receive with flowers.
Minimum 4-6 hours of direct bright light are necessary for flower plants to produce flowers. The soil should be well-drained, fertile, and organic in nature, the sandy-loam soil is the best soil for flowering plants.
The best Fertilizers are Organic fertilizers & Organic compost, manure to apply to your flowers. Remember Phosphorus based fertilizers are best to produce more flowers. Look at the descriptions of each plant for plant care guidelines.
Remember overwater can kill your plant(make sure that your pot should have drainage hole). Water when the topsoil(2-3 inch) feels dry to touch. In general moderate watering(in every 3-4 days)
You can grow all the flower plants on our Terrace or Balcony. You can also look at the collection of Flowering plants suitable for balcony in our collection sections.
There are many plants suitable for Devotional Purpose, the flower plants are All hibiscus, all roses, coral jasmine, all jasmine, all Tagar, all Nerium, Lotus, and any other flowering plants, Sacred trees like Bilva, Neem plant, wood apple, Saraca indica, Kadamba, Peepal, wood apple, kadamba, Saraca indica, Peepal, Banana, Mango etc.
There are many plants that bloom more than a season. There is a collection of year-round flowering plants in our website you can look at that collection in Flowering plants sections.
Different plants grow in different height, it totally depends on plant varities, it's location, you can find the details of each plant in the description.
Make sure that plants receive proper sunlight(3-4hours), regular watering & monthly organic compost or manure for early blooming.
The pot size is vary from plant to plant, always select 4-5 inche wider than your current pot.
In general, after 15-30 days you can transplant the plants.
Prepare the pit (1x1feet) pot slightly bigger than current pot, remove the plants from the existing pot, then place the plant in the pit or pot and then fill it with a mixture of garden soil, compost, cocopeat, perlite, vermiculite, finally water thoroughly to your plants.
The plant arrived in good condition... well packed. It had a good flowering bunch that added fresh color to balcony gardens.