Mosambi(Grafted) - Fruit Plants & Tree
Be the first to review this product Review Now
Inclusive of all taxes and shipping
- Genuine Variety Plants with Fertilised Soil & Pot
- Secure Plant Packing to Sustain During Transit
- Live Chat Support & 7Days Easy Return Policy
- Plantcare Expert Support for Your Plant Growth
Mosambi botanically known as Citrus limetta from Rutaceae family. It is a small tree can grow upto 8 m in height with irregular branches and brownish-grey bark. Flowers are white small & wide. Fruits are oval and green, with greenish pulp. The fruit is more similar to a greenish orange in appearance. The fruit flavour is sweet and mild, but retains the essence of lime. The taste changes rapidly in contact with air, and will turn bitter in few minutes, but if drunk soon after being juiced, the taste is sweet. The flavor is a bit flatter than most citrus Read More
Mosambi botanically known as Citrus limetta from Rutaceae family. It is a small tree can grow upto 8 m in height with irregular branches and brownish-grey bark. Flowers are white small & wide. Fruits are oval and green, with greenish pulp. The fruit is more similar to a greenish orange in appearance. The fruit flavour is sweet and mild, but retains the essence of lime. The taste changes rapidly in contact with air, and will turn bitter in few minutes, but if drunk soon after being juiced, the taste is sweet. The flavor is a bit flatter than most citrus due to its lack of acidity. This fruit is mostly used for Juice purpose in Indian market specially on road side.
- Citrus species, grow in tropical and subtropical humid regions. pH should be between 5.5 and 6.5. If acidity is high, it is necessary to apply lime to achieve the optimum level.
- Easy to grow even in pot/direct soil wherever direct sunlight are available. Soon after planting, plants should be supported with bamboo stick and irrigated thoroughly.
- While planting care should be taken to see that the bud-joint should always be above the ground level.
- Temperature ranging from 10-30℃ is suitable for cultivation of the crop.
- The bearing trees require little or no pruning. All diseased, injured and drooping branches and dead wood are to be removed periodically.
- Citrus Variety requires consistent watering to produce healthy fruits. Giving it too much or too little water can lead to blossom and fruit drop and sometimes plant may die too.
- Check top 2-inch layer of soil for dryness before watering. On windy and hot days, it requires more frequent watering.
- Micro-nutrients (zinc, copper, manganese, iron, boron and molybdenum) are required in ample quantities. It should be supplied through foliar spray.
- Application of organic mulch surround the basin, improves the fruit quality and maintain moist environment.
- Fruit drop in orange can be controlled in early stages of fruit development by applying two sprays of growth regulators- 2,4 D (15 ppm.) or GA3 (15 ppm) along with Benomyl (1000 ppm.) and urea (1%) at the time of flowering and after the fruit set.
- Never prune the plants during monsoon and wet climates.
TEMPERATURE - Between 15-35 Degree Celsius.
MAXIMUM HEIGHT - It can reach upto 8 meter (if planted in ground)
BLOOMING YEAR - Flowering March to April (sometimes too early or too late due to weather)
FRUITING TIME - It starts fruiting after 1.5-2 yrs after planting. Major fruiting month are (July/September/November/January)
Fertilizer - Organic Fertilizer once in 3 month.
INSIDE THE BOX
|1.||Mosambi Plant||1-2 Feet Height|
|2.||Growing Pot (Black color)||6 Inch|
**above specifications are for indicative purpose only, actual dimensions may slightly vary.
INITIAL CARE FOR 10-15 DAYS JUST AFTER RECEIVING YOUR PLANT
- Remove the Packaging Materials carefully.
- Press the soil in the pot & add additional soil(garden mix) if necessary.
- Maintain moisture in the pot, Do not over water it may kill your plant, so make sure that the soil should be dry between watering.
- Make sure that plants get enough morning direct bright light(2-3hrs) for 10-15 days & do not go for immediate transplanting (minimum 1 month)
- After 1 month you can transplant it into slightly bigger pot than the present pot or directly in the ground.
- Just prune if any branch of the plant is get damaged in transits. New leaves will come definitely.
To receive your package between and
Frequently Asked Questions
Every, fruit plants vary in their fruiting time, depends on location, climate & age of the plants. Generally, Grafted fruit plants starts fruiting within 2 years of planting, where as non-grafted plants take more than 2 years. You can check the fruiting time of each plant in the plant description.
No, Majority of fruit plants are not delivered with fruits. But some grafted fruit plants can be delivered with fruits and flowers mostly Citrus, Guava, Star fruit, Fig, Ber etc. But it is recommended to remove the flowers during early days, so that plants can get more branches and physical strength.
Grafting is a technique where two plants part are combined together so that they can grow together. Most commonly seen in Mango. Air Layering is also a vegetative propagation technique where a plant is produced while it is still attached to its parent's plants. Commonly seen in Guava. Stem cutting is a vegetative propagation technique, where soft, semi-hard, or hardwood stem is cut with 2-3 nodes and used for the multiplication of plants. Commonly seen in flowering & ornamental plants.
Yes, the grafted fruit trees produce fruit earlier, than the non-grafted fruit plants.
These are some of the rare and new fruit plants and it's varities, which are not avialable everywhere in our country.
Remove the plant from its pot. Make sure to not disturb the root ball. Place the plant in a prepared pit(1x1ft) or slightly bigger pot than the current pot. Firm the soil around the plant with your hands. Water well till it drains out from the drainage hole.
In order to maintain the good shape of the plants, proper care should be taken from the beginning like the pruning of unwanted and diseased parts of plants, stalking to young plants, regular maintenance of plants.
In General, a grafted/air layered/hybrid fruit takes 2 years for fruiting, whereas seeded grown plants take 4-5 years of time for fruiting. But it may vary depending on the plant types.
In general if your soil weell drained, fertile and organic in nature, it will produce good quality fruit. Sandy-loamy is the most preferable soil used for fruit plants.
Size and taste of each fruit plants varies depending on the varieties. You can find more details about each fruit plants in terms of size and taste in the description of individual plants.
Initial first 2 years are very important to feed the plants with organic manure and fertilizers regularly. It is recommended to add organic manure or compost to each plant in every 3 months of time intervals. Do not go for Chemical fertilizers it will weaken the plants in future.
Plastic pots with drainage holes preferably work best as they are lighter to move around. Any other container which is light in weight with a drainage hole can also work to grow fruit plants.
Quality Happy looking plant arrived in Goa.Thank You:)
Everything in packing is good,seize of box for banana sapling was little small as leaves got folded.